Thermal Protection Systems
Team i3 has over 30 years of experience in design and analysis of propulsion system technology to include characterization of internal flow field thermal environments, motor/nozzle thermostructural design, material response, as well as static motor test, instrumentation, and flight demonstration.
Seeker Windows and Domes
Ground Test and Evaluation
Flight Test Demonstration
Team i3 has been conducting weather encounter R&D since the 1960s addressing multiple particulates to include rain, snow, ice, dust, sand, volcanic ash, and lightning strike to provide an understanding of survivability to support launch commit decisions for flight test and operational systems.
- Aerothermal Design Tools
- Aeroheating and Thermal Analysis Code (ATAC)
- AeroTPS (ATAC+Thermal Desktop)
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Data Parallel Line Relaxation Full Navier Stokes (DPLR)
- Solid Works
- ProE Creo
- Finite Element Tools
- Design Optimization/ Visualization